Tax and Business Planning for Existing Companies
The firm serves as legal counsel to a wide range of established business enterprises. The firm's client base includes many successful manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and service providers throughout the State of Connecticut. The firm's goal is to engage the business owner in the planning necessary to avoid legal controversies and to structure business transactions in a manner that makes sense from a tax and a financial point of view. The firm's experience encompasses the following:
- Devising tax sensitive strategies for the sale or purchase of existing trades or businesses.
- Succession planning for business owners; including shareholders' agreements and other buy\sell arrangements which provide for the purchase of an owner's equity interest in a business upon the owner's death, disability or retirement.
- Executive compensation planning; including qualified and nonqualified stock options, qualified retirement and profit sharing plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation.
- Structuring the admission of new owners into existing trades or businesses.
- Preparation of exit strategies for business owners and plans of dissolution for existing business entities.
- Representing businesses and business owners in tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service, and the State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.
- Representing companies in commercial loan transactions.